The Explorer Post provides outdoor adventure opportunities for students from throughout the Portland – Vancouver area. The post is dedicated to being inclusive, and offers its trips at very low cost. Meetings are held monthly, please come and check us out!
At the present time the Post is now full to its capacity! But we welcome visitors at the monthly meetings — held the second Monday of each month. Each fall the Post is open to new students to join.
To join the waitlist, please contact the President of the Post: Max Fogelstrom.
The Explorer Post is a student run organization in the Portland area that engages in outdoor activities like backpacking, rock climbing, mountaineering and many other outdoor adventures under the guidance of experienced adult leaders. The Post is open to students ages 14-18 and is dedicated to making these adventures available to a diverse group of high school students. Members participate in trips around the Northwest as well as to many other mountain ranges and climbing areas.
Our mission is to provide an arena for personal growth and social interaction by creating diverse experiences that foster responsibility, respect, and a passion for the outdoors.
Our objectives are:
- To provide Post members with opportunities to learn climbing and wilderness skills through outdoor experiences with members of their peer group.
- To provide Post members with an opportunity to learn group living and leadership skills.
- To enhance personal growth and self awareness.
- To teach respect for the wilderness.
- To provide service to the community and give back to the outdoor world.
The Next Post 58 Meeting Is:
Monday, June 5th, 2017
Note that this date is a week earlier than usual
7 – 9 pm, Lincoln High School,
Contact Max Fogelstrom
for more information.